Fit Minds Cognitive Stimulation Program for People with Alzheimer’s and Dementia
Making a Real Difference with Cognitive Stimulation Therapy!
At Retire-At-Home, our priority has always been to provide high quality care that personally addresses both the emotional and physical health of an individual. With this in goal in mind, we have partnered with Fit Minds® to offer our clients cognitive stimulation therapy (CST): a new, innovative approach to brain fitness. Studies have shown that regular use of CST leads to higher levels of mental activity, and reduces the risk of developing cognitive impairments brought on by degenerative neurological conditions.
What Is Fit Minds®?
- Designed for individuals with dementia, Alzheimer’s or other neurological conditions, Fit Minds® is a customized cognitive stimulation therapy program based on the science of neuroplasticity.
- The program challenges individuals to stretch their cognitive capacity and build cognitive reserve through interactive brain exercises.
- The program further provides unique challenges that build brain resilience through a social setting.
- Fit Minds® focuses on all five areas of cognition, which helps to build overall brain health.
- The CST program can be used by both healthy people and people with dementia.
Benefits To Our Clients
All five areas of cognition are covered, including:
- Language and Music
- Visual/Spatial Orientation
- Critical Thinking
- Addresses various root causes of difficult behaviours in individuals suffering from dementia.
- The program is an effective non-pharmacological treatment option for Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, clinically shown to improve cognition and quality of life.
- Delivered by certified caregivers– not computers, because human connections are key when it comes to brain health.
- Provides a fun and stimulating learning environment that fosters brain fitness through human interactions.
- Individuals are given ongoing assessments to track progress and develop session plans
Fit Minds Programs
Interact® Individual Program – Person-Centered Care
The Interact® Individual program is a customized cognitive stimulation therapy program for people suffering with dementia.
The program aims to slow disease progression through human interaction, and allows individuals to maintain their quality of life.
Each session includes activities in the five areas of cognition: Language and Music, Visual/Spatial Orientation, Memory, Critical Thinking and Computation. The sessions are customized to respond to the individual’s interests and abilities as he or she progresses through the program.
Accessed through an online portal, the Interact® Individual program can be printed off and used by the individual during their sessions. This program is delivered by a certified Fit Minds® Cognitive Coach and is available in both French and English.
Stay Sharp™ Program – Keep Engaged Stay Sharp™
This is a social cognitive stimulation therapy group designed for retirement communities and busy activity professionals. The program’s goal is to promote cognitive resilience and better brain fitness for healthy seniors.
- a new session plan and downloadable activities every week (52 in the year)
- a brain health lifestyle® challenge every week to encourage the adoption of a brain health lifestyle
- a kit (customized cards and tote bag)
- ongoing access to training portal for an unlimited number of staff
Delivered in a group setting, Stay Sharp™ builds community by encouraging human interaction. The program is currently available in English and French.
Interact® Group Program – Build Connections
The Interact® Group program is designed for professional caregivers working in assisted living and long term care homes. It is a group cognitive stimulation therapy program for seniors suffering from dementia.
The program includes:
- four new session plans and activity downloads per week (two of the session plans are aimed at mild to moderate cognitive impairments [Empowerment sessions] and the other two are aimed at moderate to severe cognitive impairments [Maintenance sessions]);
- · a kit (customized cards, game boards and tote bag;
- and ongoing access to training portal for unlimited number of staff.
The Interact Group program provides essential face time – a key element for reducing anxiety and depression.
Contact us today to discuss the home care needs for you or a loved one in Greater Sudbury, or to book a free Nurse Consultation.
We proudly serve the following communities in and around Greater Sudbury:
Greater Sudbury, Whitefish, Chelmsford, Azilda, Lively, Copper Cliff, Espanola, Nairn Centre, Wahnapitae, Blezard Valley, Walden, Val Caron, Hanmer, Dowling, Flour Mill, Southend, Webbwood, Worthington, Naughton, Little Current, Donavan.
Contact Us Today to Speak with a Home Care Specialist!